The less often you interrupt the robot outside home, the more points you keep.
- 27 Sep 2021
If the number of precision tokens left on the field is:
- 1: 10
- 2: 15
- 3: 25
- 4: 35
- 5: 50
- 6: 50
You can lose one precision token without it affecting your score. Use it strategically and be sure you understand R5 , R12 , R15 , R16 , and R19 .
- Home has no ceiling.
- Home is your space for handling and storing allowable things whenever you like.
- It is also the place for handling and preparing the robot before and between launches.
- After any launch, the robot needs to return completely into home if you want to handle it without losing a precision token.
- The robot can leave home only from the launch area, but it can return to any part of home.
- Do not interact with things outside home except by rules R15 and R19 . Anything the robot affects or moves completely outside home stays as is unless the robot changes it.
- Exception 1: If something comes out of home by accident, grab it quickly so it does not upset the field.
- Exception 2: If equipment breaks off the robot unintentionally, you can pick it up as needed.
- You cannot strategically send or extend anything even partly out of home except by launching the robot.
- You can interrupt the robot any time for any reason, but be sure to study rules R16 and R19 .
- The best time and place to interrupt the robot is when it is completely in home ( R12 ).
- Do not use the exact “perfect timing” of an interruption (your eyes doing the work of a timer or sensor) as a strategy to produce a new scoring result or advantage. Missions benefiting will score zero.
- Do not send or drop things to hit or land on the robot.
- If it was completely in home: No problem.
- If it was not completely in home: Lose a precision token.
- The cargo needs to come to rest before this can be decided.
- If stranded cargo being taken into home by hand includes a mission model, the referee takes the mission model.
R5 - The six red disc models. They are worth free points when the match starts but can be removed by the referee one at a time until they are gone.
R12 - Home is part of the field:
R15 - When you interact with a launched robot or any object touching it.
R16 - To interrupt the robot, stop it and carry it home if it is not there.
R19 - If former cargo is stranded outside home. If it is completely outside, it stays as is. If it is partly outside, you must take it into home and lose a precision token.
Use sensors. Build a robot that can consistently perform missions.