Modification of the EV3 Competition Robot Full with light sensors attached to the front
This material requires a subscription to one of the following plans:
- FLLCasts Personal B One Year
- FLLCasts Team Six months
- FLLCasts School Student One Year
- FLLCasts School
Building instructions delivered to your device by buildin3d.com
- 20 Jan 2016
- LEGO MINDSTORMS, LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3
- FIRST LEGO League, Robot Base Chassis, EV3, Robot Base, Light and Color Sensor, FLL, Construction, Programming
To construct this you will need
- LEGO Mindstorms EV3 45544 Education Core
- LEGO Mindstorms EV3 45560 Education Resource
Bill of materials (Parts list)
We start a course for following a line with crosses and gaps. This is a challenge that one of the users at FLLCasts.com was trying to accomplish and asked us for advice. We present the whole challenge to you step-by-step. But first, let's also see the whole run of the line following algorithm. With this course, we also do an introduction of using State Machine as a programming pattern.
We list the number of decisions that the robot is making while following the line. Then, we group them and decide on the number of sensors to be used.