Here are a few things you can try to fix potential errors when connecting the EV3 controller to your computer.
- 24 Aug 2020
- Make sure the EV3 controller is turned on;
- Make sure the SD card is not out of place;
If you use other programs to upload instructions on the EV3 controller, they may cause a problem with the drivers. To resolve these issues, do the following:
- Make sure the robot is connected with a cable to the computer;
- Log in to the Control Panel of your computer's operating system;
- Enter the Devices and Printers section. This section can be found in the Hardware and Sound section;
- Find the name of the EV3 controller, right-click on it, and select Troubleshoot. This is an automatic problem checker that will tell you if there is a problem with the drivers;
- After checking the drivers, if the problem was with them, Windows will prompt you to reinstall them automatically. Accept it and wait until it is over.
If the name of your EV3 controller is not in the list of Devices and Printers when it is connected with a cable to the computer, then the problem is most likely in the hardware.
The first thing you should try is to change the USB port you are using on your computer. If the problem persists, replace the cable that connects the computer to the EV3 controller. If that doesn't solve the problem, try reinstalling EV3 MicroPython:
After all these steps, if the problem persists, it means that you may have a problem with the Mini-USB port on the EV3 controller.
Courses and lessons with this Tutorial
This Tutorial is used in the following courses and lessons