Dominator is a compact LEGO Mindstorms EV3 Box robot from the family of the Roller Coaster and Kiddo box robots. Similar to the previous two robots, Dominator also can move its front part up, down, left and right. This robot also has the same length of movement as its two predecessors of this type - 8 LEGO pins on the side and up.
The difference is that Dominator has fewer parts and has a perfect center of weight that allows it to use large attachments and lift heavy objects without threatening its stability. The movement on the X and Y axes has the same gear ratio. The light sensors are attached to the movable part of the robot which enables it to both follow a line and recognize the color of various object with height lower than 7 LEGO units.
This material requires a subscription to one of the following plans:
- FLLCasts Personal B One Year
- FLLCasts Team Six months
- FLLCasts School Student One Year
- FLLCasts School
Building instructions delivered to your device by buildin3d.com
- 07 Aug 2020
- LEGO MINDSTORMS, LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3
- Lift, FIRST LEGO League, FIRST LEGO League 2019-2020 City Shaper, Box Robots, X-Y Robots, Attachments, Robot Base Chassis, EV3, FLL, FLL 2019, Light and Color Sensor
To construct this you will need
- LEGO Mindstorms EV3 45544 Education Core
- LEGO Mindstorms EV3 45560 Education Resource