It's fast. It's on two wheels. It's a motorcycle. And this one is built from LEGO Mindstorms EV3 sets with the use of one additional Medium Motor. If you have two medium motors, great. If you don't have you can build the Handlebar - Chopper Motorcycle built with LEGO Mindstorms EV3, because it uses one large and one medium motor that are available in any EV3 set.
Currently, the motorcycle has no sensors. It's more of an exercise in construction, but if you attach sensors and think of a way to attach them send us a picture.
Join the course A robot a "day" keeps the questions awake where we will further discuss the motors, how to build them and what tasks to accomplish with them.
You can also download the program from here.
This material requires a subscription to one of the following plans:
- FLLCasts Team Six months
- FLLCasts Personal B One Year
- FLLCasts Home Subscription
- FLLCasts School Student One Year
- FLLCasts School
Building instructions delivered to your device by buildin3d.com
- 07 Feb 2018
- LEGO MINDSTORMS
- Chassis, EV3, Motorcycle, Vehicle, Fun, Learn At Home, Classes with students, Construction, Cardan Shaft
- K.Mitov, D.Staykov, С.Матинян
To construct this you will need
- LEGO Mindstorms EV3 45544 Education Core
- LEGO Mindstorms EV3 45560 Education Resource
Bill of materials (Parts list)
It is a simple problem with simple solutions. You have the back wheel and you must somehow transfer some torque to this back wheel. You can use a chain, or gears or a shaft. Oh, we do like the motors that have shafts.