This video tutorial contains a details explanation on how we accomplish the FIRST LEGO League 2018-2019 Into Orbit mission called M06. SPACE STATION MODULES. This again is a very interesting mission from the competition from which we could learn a lot of basic principles in the field of robotics.
- 27 May 2019
- LEGO MINDSTORMS, LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3
- Align, FIRST LEGO League, FIRST LEGO League 2018-2019 Into Orbit, EV3, FLL, FLL 2018
Align to the mission model
Aligning with the mission model for this specific mission is extremely important and makes accomplishing the mission quite easy. The programing is really basic. Just move forward, but while moving forward we hav ea special attachment with two guiding beams that guide the whole robot to align with the mission model. From them on it is extremely easy to accomplish the mission.
When initially thinking about the attachment we were discussing some ideas show below. They could help you understand the process of coming up with such construction.
To align the attachment precisely and properly, like in this mission you have to following some rules:
1. The attachment must move freely in relation to the robot when it is in contact with the mission model. To achieve this the attachment must not be rigidly connected to the robot. Probably the easiest way is to make the attachment pinless. You can attach it to the robot wit a hook on some big hole in the robot.
2. The attachment must get in contact with the mission model if possible. If this is not possible the attachment needs to be in a contact with something else to be sure that it is oriented/aligned properly and on the right location that is accurate enough.
3. There might be large friction between the mission model and the element that needs to be mounted to the model. If the rules do not allow you to actively control the attachment around the mission model or if this will interfere with the proper movement of the robot, you have to create detaching mechanism inside the attachment to detach the element from attachment.
Courses and lessons with this Tutorial
This Tutorial is used in the following courses and lessons
FIRST LEGO League (FLL) 2018-2019 Into Orbit Challenge. Solutions and Review
Our goal with this course is to do a recap of FIRST LEGO League 2018-2019 Into Orbit competition. We'll show different solutions for some of the missions along with discussion on the approaches. We hope that a recap like this could help team prepare for next year. With available building instructions, ready to use programs this course is perfect for exercise on the missions from the competition.
M06 Space Station Modules
In this video tutorial we would look at the mission run for M06. SPACE STATION MODULES. The missions is to precisely push a mission model into an opening. In almost any FIRST LEGO League competition there are such missions. The tutorial contains only the mission run on the field. We accomplish a single mission.
- 3d_rotation 2
FIRST LEGO League 2020-2021 RePlay Solutions and review with SPIKE Prime
This course presents Solutions and Review of the FIRST LEGO League 2020-2021 RePlay competition. We do such a course every year after the competition. By moving through the course lessons, building the robot and attachment and completing the missions you will learn how to achieve FLL mission following good engineering principles for building robots, attachments and developing programs. Upon completion of the course you will have many new ideas about how to approach mission on every FLL robotics competition and how to help your team score more points.
- 3d_rotation 3