In some cases, the two lights will not work. The voltage will not be enough if you connect two diodes one after the other, no matter if it is with or without a resistor.
- 06 Apr 2018
Connect diodes in parallel as shown in the picture below.
You have not enough voltage
If you connect diodes one after the other, none will light up. The 3.3V from GPIO 18 are not enough for two diodes even without a resistor.
Connect in parallel
There is another way to connect elements: both diodes share the same input.
- Connect a resistor to GPIO 18 via F-F cable;
- Connect a long end of a diode to the resistor via F-F cable;
- Connect the other end of the diode to GND on pin 14;
- Connect the long end of another diode to the resistor via M-F cable as seen ot the picture above;
- Connect the other end of the second diode to GND on pin 39;
- Start the Raspberry. After 30 seconds both diodes will ligth up.
Courses and lessons with this Tutorial
This Tutorial is used in the following courses and lessons